10 Hour General Industry Safety Certification
The 10 Hour General Industry Safety Certification Training Program is intended to provide an entry level general industry worker’s broad awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards on a general industry site. Students will be introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety, health principles and work practices covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide. General industry workers must receive additional training when required by OSHA standards on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of 10 Hour General Industry Safety Certification Training participants will receive a 10-hour General Safety Certification completion card instantly!
You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the “Materials” tab on the menu located within the course player.
10 Hour General Industry Safety Certification Learning Objectives
- Understand the OSHA Act, the functions and resources of OSHA
- Become aware of the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- Learn the major hazards associated with general industry work and how to avoid, protect or control them. This includes:
- Slips, trips, falls associated with walking and working surfaces
- Effective Egress and fire protection program
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Flammable and combustible liquids and gasses
- Hazards of chemicals
- Electrical hazards
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage and limitations
- Learn the basic elements of a safety and health program
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: Walking & Working Surfaces
- Module 3: Emergency Action Plan
- Module 4: Hazardous Materials
- Module 5: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 6: Machine Guarding Safety
- Module 7: Electrical Safety
- Module 8: Hazard Communication
- Module 9: Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Module 10: Safety and Health Programs
- Final Exam
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.