Excavation Safety in Construction
Cave-ins are considered the most dangerous trench and excavation hazard. In addition, other potentially fatal hazards also exist in excavations, such as asphyxiation due to lack of oxygen in a confined space, inhalation of toxic fumes, drowning, falls, water accumulation, etc. The OSHA standards intend to protect workers in trenches and excavations. This Excavation Safety in Construction course gives you a basic understanding of how to work safely in excavations and what important points are required to consider when working in an excavation.
Excavation Safety in Construction Course Objectives
- Identify factors that pose a hazard to employees working in excavations
- Learn how to protect employees from cave-ins
- Understand the role of a competent person at an excavation site
- Explore other various related issues associated with excavations
TOPICS COVERED: Hazardous and Toxic SubstancesFlammable and Combustible LiquidsFlammable and Combustible Liquid ClassificationsImportant Definitions
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Find out more on Excavation Safety with OSHA Law & Regulations. Click here for OSHA standard!
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.