Lead Safety in the Workplace
Lead is a very toxic substance. People who are exposed to lead or lead compounds may become ill or even die due to lead poisoning. Usually, our bodies remove lead from our systems at a slow rate; however, inhaling even small doses of lead for a long period of time can result in lead poisoning. Workers who are required to work at or near sites that are contaminated with lead are at a greater risk of lead poisoning. This Lead Safety in the Workplace course is designed for workers who work in areas where the hazard of lead contamination exists. The course focuses on the health risks associated with exposure to lead and how workers can protect themselves against lead.
Lead Safety in the Workplace Course Objectives
- Identify the health effects and risks of exposure to lead
- Identify the ways in which lead can enter the body
- Identify the signs and symptoms of exposure to lead
- Describe the medical monitoring program
- Discuss the medical tests that are required before an employee begins work
- Control lead exposure
- Identify common control measures
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Find out more on Lead Safety with OSHA Law & Regulations. Click here for OSHA standard!
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.