40-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
This training provides a comprehensive look at all regulations outlined in the EM 385-1-1 manual. Completing this course will support worker compliance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor Safety and Health Requirements. EM 385-1-1 compliance is required by all contractors working on military contracts and projects.
This course is for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply to the EM385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health requirements. This class is taught by experienced instructors with hands-on experience whom will share “real life” scenarios. This Forty (40) hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM 385-1-1 and pertinent Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards for contractors, military and government employees.
40-hour EM 385-1-1 Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
Enhance the awareness of Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHOs) and other project personnel performing work on Federal construction, service, and environmental contracts, and to provide all contractor on-site personnel an opportunity to obtain adequate knowledge to assess unsafe worksite conditions.
- How to properly prepare a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- How to effectively serve as a site safety health official (SSHO).
- Know what are the SSHO qualifications and responsibilities.
- Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms and their development.
- Site personnel training, incident response and reporting procedures, jobsite auditing, and hazard communication.
Students taking this EM 385-1-1 Safety & Health Topics online course will learn the following topics. More detailed and focused objectives are described within the content of each of the topics.
- Identify the major changes found in the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1.
- Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM 385-1-1
- Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal.
- Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection.
- Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings.
- Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities.
- Describe safe use of hand and power tools
End of Course Instructions
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page.
At the end of each lesson you required to take a knowledge which must be passed with an 70% or higher to proceed to the next lesson
The final exam must be successfully passed with an 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.