8-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
According to EM385-1-1 regulations, an 8-hour refresher training course must be completed annually for Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) who have undergone the full 40-hour training. This training provides the needed topics to satisfy the annual requirements for an SSHO. According to EM385, computer-based training is acceptable and meets the requirements for refresher training:
“Computer-based interactive 8-hour refresher training. Computer based interactive training is acceptable as long as the criteria identified in Section 33.D.01.a (3) are met.” – EM385-1-1 2014 Edition.
You can be rest-assured our training provides the needed material to adequately prepare and refresh the SSHO in hazard analysis and abatement. Our course is taught by experienced instructors with hands-on experience whom will share “real life” scenarios. This 8- hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM 385-1-1 and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards.
8-hour EM 385-1-1 Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Keep their qualifications as a Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO)
- Prepare site-specific Accident Prevention Plans (APPs).
- Know responsibilities of an SSHO
- Create an Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs)
- Perform site personnel training, incident response and reporting, jobsite auditing, hazard communication, and more!
- SSHOs taking this EM 385-1-1 refresher course will learn the following topics.
- Identify major changes to the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1
- Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM385
- Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal
- Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection
- Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings
- Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities, and more!
This is a refresher for the 40-hour SSHO course. Students would need to have taken a 40-hour EM385-1-1 course within the past twelve months to qualify.
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. .
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.