DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation: General Awareness
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulates all modes of transportation in the U.S. including highway, rail, air, and water and is especially concerned with hazardous materials. As part of its regulations, DOT requires general awareness training for all HAZMAT employees. This course provides a general overview of hazardous materials transportation and provides a foundation for more detailed job-specific training for HAZMAT employees. After taking this course, employees will be able to recognize DOT hazard classes and packing groups, identify containers certified for hazardous materials shipment, interpret DOT container markings, labels and placards, recognize critical information on shipping papers and recognize safe and unsafe loading and unloading procedures. General awareness of DOT regulatory scheme, sections from 49 CFR 171.180, (172.704) (172.101).
DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation: General Awareness Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Get a general overview of hazardous materials transportation
- Identify containers certified for hazardous materials shipment
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Find out more on DOT with OSHA Law & Regulations. Click here for OSHA standard!
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.