New York UST Class C Operator Certificate
New York UST Class C Operator Certificate is designed for potential Class C Underground Storage Tank Operators. The Class C Operator of a UST facility is a person designated by the UST system owner who typically controls the dispensing of fuel at the facility and is responsible for initial response to alarms, releases, spills, overfills or threats to the public or to the environment. The course utilizes visual aids and audio commentary to facilitate the efficient and comprehensive learning of the subject matter required to meet state regulations for an UST Class C Operator. Depending on your state’s regulations, this material may require additional site-specific training.
Tank monitoring systems capable of detecting small leaks (must be capable of detecting a 0.1 gallons-per-hour with a probability of detection of 95% or greater and a probability of false alarm of 5% or less) were installed and other methods were adopted to alert the tank operator of leaks and potential leaks.
The greatest potential threat from a leaking UST is contamination of groundwater, the source of drinking water for nearly half of all Americans.
New York UST Class C Operator Certificate Course Objectives
Class C Operator Course and Certification provides training on the following:
- Introduction to a generic UST facility including the major fuel system components and emergency equipment
- The roles and responsibilities of the Class A, B and C Operators.
- Site-specific emergency procedures development
- Emergency contact procedures
- Safety awareness for employees and customers
- Overfill prevention
- Monitoring of the UST facility
- Fire safety and introduction to fire extinguishers
- Alarm panel recognition and response procedures
- Fuel spill containment and cleanup
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Find out more on UST with OSHA Law & Regulations. Click here for OSHA standard!
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.