OSHA 30-Hour Construction
The OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. This OSHA 30 hour construction courses comes with free orientation. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach DOL course completion card within 1-2 weeks. The 30 Hour Construction Outreach course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or 501 courses.
OSHA 30 Hour Construction Course Outline
- Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Basic Safety Orientation
- General Safety and Health Provisions
- Health Hazards: Hazard Communication
- Health Hazards: Hazardous Materials
- Process Safety Management: (PSM)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire Protection
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Hand and Power Tools
- Welding and Cutting
- ocus Four Electrical Safety
- Focus Four Struck-By and Caught in Between Hazards
- Focus Four Fall Protection
- Cranes and Rigging
- Motor Vehicles
- Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Stairways and Ladders
- Confined Spaces
- Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Use of Explosives in the Workplace
- Final Exam
30 Hour Construction Learning Objectives
- Given OSHA historical events and current information, the student will be able to explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices (Introduction to OSHA Standards)
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace (Subpart D – Occupational health and Environmental Controls)
- Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards (Subpart E – Personal Protective Equipment)
- Understand the requirements for fire protection in the workplace (Subpart F – Fire Protection and Prevention)
- Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees (Subpart H – Rigging; Subpart N – Cranes and Rigging)
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry (Subpart J – Welding and Cutting)
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls (Subpart M – Fall Protection)
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites (Subpart P – Excavations)
- Understand the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs (Subpart Q – Concrete and Masonry)
- Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents (Subpart T – Demolition)
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites (Subpart X – Stairways and Ladders)
- List and describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards and related OSHA standards (Subpart K – Electrical Standards)
- Understand the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces (Subpart L – Scaffolding)
Exam and Quiz Information
You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the OSHA 30 hour construction safety Training. You will be given up to THREE opportunities to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass the quiz will result in being locked out of this online training program, and you will no longer be able to take the Outreach training in an online format. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the 30 hour construction safety training. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the OSHA 30 hour construction safety course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this OSHA 30 hour training. You will be given up to THREE opportunities to pass the final exam. Failure to successfully pass the Final Exam will result in being locked out of this online training program, and you will no longer be able to take the Outreach training in an online format. Upon successful completion of this OSHA 30 construction training and the accompanying survey, you will receive a OSHA 30 construction card from the provider of this OSHA training on behalf of the Department of Labor. This OSHA completion card will normally take 1-2 weeks to process and ship. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SURVEY AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING TO RECEIVE YOUR DOL CARD.
Once you complete the OSHA 30 hour, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page. Please be aware the certificate is not an official document. It serves only as evidence of your completion of the OSHA 30 hour training until you receive your official Department of Labor card in the mail. There is a 6 month time limit to complete the 30 hour construction course.
OSHA 10 and 30 Outreach Program Overview
The OSHA outreach training online Program teaches workers about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards. OSHA training courses online authorizes safety and health Providers to conduct occupational safety and health training for workers. After OSHA safety training is completed, providers document their training and become osha certified Organization and student receive completion OSHA cards to distribute to the workers who successfully completed OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training.
The OSHA online training course is requirements contained in any OSHA standard. However, some states and local jurisdictions have enacted laws mandating OSHA outreach training certification. Some employers, unions, and various other jurisdictions also require workers to have this OSHA training to work on job sites and to fulfill their own safety training goals.
Health and safety is a critical part of both OSHA 10 and 30 training. When employees are faced with job loss, it can be hard to fathom being able to worry about anything but finding another job. However, part of being an organization means taking responsibility of your workers so that they are able to get their OSHA health and safety training. By doing so, you are able to guarantee that your employees become OSHA certified. osha safety training certification helps organizations to grow as a professional and gives your organization that much deserved Health and Safety. Letting your employees’ OSHA Outreach certification lapse is always a bad idea because it can open your company to a bombardment of lawsuits.
An expired OSHA 10 and 30 safety training certification isn’t going to do anyone any good. With the accessibility and affordability of OSHA training courses online, you don’t have to worry about the expense of traveling, attending seminars or courses. You can rest easy knowing that you have everything taken care of, and you will be able to focus more on the business side, which is what you need to be doing now.
OSHA 10 and 30 certifications is required for a variety of professional jobs. It’s no wonder that so many people seek online osha 10 and 30 training every single year. OSHA safety certification is actually one of the most popular areas of safety training that people search for. Your organization relies on the valuable skills that your employees provide, and you need to protect yourself and your business by taking the time to track and keep your people’s OSHA training up-to-date.
For more details please visit OSHA Outreach FAQ’s
Why OSHApractice.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.